Thursday 8 July 2010

We Meet Again, at Last

Friday 16 April
Potosi – Uyuni

I was woken up at an early hour by the in-hostel tour company asking me when I wanted to book the bus for. “Doce,” I said and went back to sleep. After I woke up and sorted myself out I went to the bus stop, only to find all the people I was hanging out with in Sucre were also on the same bus as me. Except for Jarrod who was travelling tomorrow.

The journey was six hours, pretty basic and not too uncomfortable. Once again the scenery was great, and we saw our first view of the salt plains – so my Bolivian friend who was sitting next to me told me. It’s a common theme when you sit next to a local on a bus or plane, they always want to make sure you are enjoying their country and they are keen to tell you about its best factors, particularly the natural wonders.

We all checked into the same place. We went for a meal and planned to book our trip to the plains for the next day. However given Bolivian service (it can easily take an hour for your food to arrive, and never all at the same time) and the late hour, by the time we’d finished the meal the place was closed. We resolved to do it in the morning. We went for a drink instead at the Extreme Fun Pub. There were five people in it...

No comments: