Wednesday 5 November 2008

OK Computer!

Wednesday 5 November 2008
Hammersmith

So I've bought myself a new laptop! It's a Samsung NC10 at 300 GBP and it's only just been released. It's had good reviews and it can't be had for much cheaper online, particularly when you consider that I leave for India in two days.

It's pretty high spec with a 160 GB hard drive which is I think about four times the size of my rather old but still fully functioning desktop. It's fast, small, light and basically a piece of white sex.

Of course the main thing is that it has wifi which means I can surf the net and blog anywhere that I can access wifi, without having to use the clunkiness that is my phone (though that's still useful for when I can't carry this thing). Needless to say I'm currently blogging from my living room with it, and wirelessly too. Now I can watch Formula One on TV and have the live timings on my laptop at the same time.

I can of course also download photos from my camera onto it, which hopefully should mean that I can upload them to the blog quicker. And also, it has a webcam built in, 1.3 megapixels don't you know, so I can video-blog, or vlog, or perhaps just vog, should the urge take me at any point.

Having this thing will mean that I can blog more frequently, and when I can't I can write it down without forgetting what I did two days ago. Which will be useful. Oh yeah, I must download Open Office while I remember...

Anyway, mum, I'll make sure it's wrapped up warm, don't you worry about that.

No comments: