Friday 14 November 2008

What is happening?

So you might be wondering what's been happening since I've been in India. Well quite a lot actually, in fact fucking loads. But what hasn't been happening is access to wifi (or indeed many internet cafes really). Hopefully I'll be able to upload soon.

It keeps on surprising me every day. It has poverty greater than even Phnom Penh and beauty greater than anywhere else I've seen so far. Fluorescent turbans? Check. Cows on motorways? Check. Crazy looking holy men bathing in dirty water? Indeedy. The worst pollution you've ever seen? Yes sir. A million chances to be ripped off? Naturally.

I'm keeping a diary on my laptop that I hope to upload to the net at some stage with all the gory details. So far it's been Delhi (with 18th century ancestor's grave), Agra (Taj Mahal), Jaipur (the pink city) and I'm now in Pushkar (the blue city) working my way through Rajasthan until 22 November.

No comments: