Tuesday 26 October 2010

You’re Gone from Here and You Will Disappear

Tuesday 11 May
Medellín – Cartagena

It seems that I was always one day behind everyone else. Once again the hostel was pretty much empty as everyone had left the previous day. I checked out in the morning and surfed the web. There was some American guy studying Spanish in Medellín who needed some downloads so using some totally legal means* I helped him out.

I had a burger for dinner. There weren't many options nearby so that had to do. Then I took a taxi to the bus station and waited for my bus. I chose my bus by whichever hawker came up to me first. I don't usually do that but they were all dressed in smart uniforms so I went with it. While waiting in the station I found that they had free wifi - very enlightened. All public wifi should be free internationally. Take notice, Brazil and Heathrow.

As ever, once on the bus it wasn't long before I fell asleep, even though for once I wasn't that tired. My sleeping bag came into use once again as did my leather jacket, protecting me from the violent air conditioning. I was on my way to the coast.

*May not be true.

No comments: