Wednesday 21 April 2010

And I Might as Well Just Grin and Bear It

Saturday 13 March
Canoa

I was hungover today. I was woken up early by someone building a house next to the hotel. Who builds on a Saturday at 7.30 am? Satanists, that’s who. I had a headache, I was tired, I didn’t want to do anything much. So I didn’t.

It was Saturday, and it’s all about the weekend around here as practically nothing happens the rest of the time. Busloads of Ecuadoreans come from Quito, Santo Domingo, Bahia and so on and there’s a party. Though it’s only relatively busy. There’s only about two and a half bars open. But it’s good fun. Or at least it was last night.

I didn’t know what it was like on Saturday as I fell asleep at about 10.30. I was too tired and too hungover. It was like Salvador all over again, except I didn’t have to go out three days in a row.

No comments: