Friday 30 April 2010

Don’t Cut off Your Dreadlocks

Friday 19 March
Montañita

I’d hit gold. One of the good things about spending a long time in one place when travelling is that you find out where the good places are, rather than relying on random factor, like a tractor. Today I discovered the best breakfast at the best value. Two fried eggs, three pieces of toast, jam and butter, fruit juice, tea and a small fruit salad. All for $3. Bargain. This place would see my custom for the rest of my stay.

It was a cloudy day again today, so I surfed the net, updated the blog and generally made myself useful. In the evening I was hanging out with the Americans again and I went to watch a reggae band playing. They were proper Rastafarians with dreadlocks down to their knees and in between every song they would shout “Haile Selassie! Jah! Rastafari!” just in case you weren’t sure. There was a dog sleeping on stage. I had a bit of indigestion so ordered a whiskey. It worked a bit I think. After the band finished there wasn’t much else going on so I went home.

No comments: