Saturday 30 January 2010

I Walked down to the Beach

Wednesday 27 January
San Carlos de Bariloche

Given the exertions of the day before I took it easy today. I did lots of admin, emails, booking stuff. I decide to go to Chile, and book as much as I can up to the Salvador Carnival in Brazil. I make my own sandwiches for lunch as that seems to be the done thing round here. Most of my fellow travellers are working to a tighter budget than I am, and it never hurts to save a few pesos.

I walk through town and go down to the lakeside where there’s a tiny beach made from large pebbles, larger than Brighton. I just sit there and take it all in – the sun, the wind (it’s very windy), the waves on the beach, the mountains in the distance, and relax. Some locals are even trying to sunbathe despite the wind. It’s just about warm enough though it looks like hard work, everything keeps getting blown away.

I cook dinner in the hostel in the evening and watch Pirates of the Caribbean that someone puts on the DVD player. Class film and as a big fan of Jonathan Pryce it’s always good to see something with him in.

No comments: