Wednesday 27 January 2010

It Takes Two to Tango

Saturday 23 Januray
Buenos Aires

So I got lost on the way home from wherever it was I spent the night. I had lunch in random place with air con – the hunt for air con is an important one. The hostel doesn’t have it and it’s a bit of a nightmare really. Not all restaurants have air con either so it’s important to find one that does.

One of the things about BA is that almost every street had a part where there is some water dropping down from some part of the building up above. The thing is, it hasn’t been raining, so where is it coming from? You’re never quite sure and it’s a little disturbing when a drop catches you.

I planned my trip to Bariloche in the afternoon and ate in San Telmo, Bill Bonner’s part of town, and very nice it is too, lots of people out having a pleasant evening in a good looking, relaxed, sociable part of town. Went back to the hostel afterwards and watched the end of a so-bad-it’s-still-bad-but-has-bits-that-make-you-laugh-anyway American Pie sequel. Then I went back to party hostel again and met a bunch of Aussies on coke, all twitching and sweating, but at least they weren’t obnoxious at all and invited me out with them to some club. We went to Milhouse Hostel round the corner where we caught a bus to the club (no Mum, I didn’t take any).

On the bus I met a girl called Alex, who reminded me of my friend Claire in that she’s American and looks and acts much like her! We got to the club and it wasn’t so great, so I chatted with Alex outside for the whole time. One of the guys on coke wonders around looking lost so we look after him. Eventually we find the Australians again and hang out with them some more. Eventually the sun rises and we all take taxis home. Alex doesn’t have any cash on her so she offers to take me to the 5 star hotel where she’s staying (due to a delayed flight) and pay me. We get there and well, like I said, my mum reads this, so I’ll leave it there.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

thanks for the shout out! sounds like you're having an awesome time ;)

Phil Reay-Smith said...

The dripping is condensation from airconditioning units.x