Wednesday 27 January 2010

Three’s a Crowd

Sunday 24 January
Buenos Aires

So I’m very aware that I haven’t got any transport to Bariloche yet so from the hotel I get a taxi to the bus station to book my ticket, but it turns out that I need my passport to pay for it by card. So I have to catch a couple of taxis to do just that. Luckily they don’t cost too much – 15 pesos or £2.50, though one confuses me with incomprehensible Spanish and I end up paying double, the dirty rat!

After all that I walk for ages for lunch, ending up at Gallery Pacifica which thankfully has air con. I relax in the afternoon and the go to a great, cheap steak restaurant in the evening but I order wrong thing! It’s OK but I hear later from others the 30 peso chorizo steak is as good as 100 peso steaks in other places.

Afterwards I go back to sister hostel again and have a good chat with an Irish girl and despite the temptation to make it three out of three I can only stay for one drink before bed as I have to check out at 10 tomorrow.

No comments: