Monday 29 March 2010

Go to the Cash Machine

Thursday 11 March
Canoa

Just like in Isla Isabella in the Galapagos, there’s no bank in Canoa. Fortunately there is one in San Vincente and that’s not too far away. I asked at Coco Loco for the details of how to get there. Turns out there’s a bus every half an hour to San Vincente, and the cash machine is across the road from where the bus stops. It was a useful trip as I would be taking this route when I went to Montañita in a few days. Thankfully there was a bus right there as I arrived at the main road, it only cost 50 cents and had no problems getting the money out.

I ran out of fly spray today. I had been putting it on regularly but I was still getting bitten, mainly on the ankles and elbows. I decided to see what would happen if I didn’t put any on. Turns out I was bitten exactly the same amount. Most of the time you can feel when you’re getting bitten, and as long as you run the place it will get rid of the fly usually before it’s done too much damage. The worst thing is to ignore it. If they do bite you, then it itches for about 15 minutes and then you hardly notice it. It’s not exactly the worst thing in the world. Looks like I can save myself some money there.

I met the American guys on the beach again and had a pizza for lunch with them. Spent the afternoon hanging out on the beach with them and then did my own thing in the evening. Ended up talking to this Canadian guy who told me about how he watched a Boca Juniors game positioned under the away fans stand, and how they threw seats and even lumps of concrete down on them. He didn’t bother staying past half time. I guess he was sold the sucker foreigner seats.

No comments: