Wednesday 24 March 2010

You Will Be Upgraded

Thursday 4 March
Puerto Ayora, Santa Cruz – Baltra, Galapagos Islands – Quito

We drove to the airport in the morning. We stopped off at a big hole. Literally, that is was it was. It was where some lava came out at some time or something. Now it was a big hole. Hmm.

Anyway we arrived at the airport and checked in. I then went back and asked for a window seat, and they gave me one – in the first class section. I had been upgraded on a plane for the first time in my life. Tellingly, the only extra benefit you got on this plane was a bigger seat. Still, that was a help as it made snoozing easier.

It was a strange flight as I’d presumed we’d be having a stop off at Guayaquil on the way back like we did on the way over. But no, we were direct, so I must have slept quite a while as it went past pretty quickly.

That evening I met up with Fiona / Catherine Tate again, but I was really tired so wasn’t much of a conversationalist on that occasion. But she kindly gave me some info on how to get to Canoa, my next destination.

No comments: