Sunday 28 March 2010

Waiting for the Sun

Monday 8 March
Canoa

I’ve booked in my current place for three nights so I have the chance to look at other hotels and work out which one I like the most. I settle on one called Coco Loco because it has a winning combination of English-speaking staff, relative cheap price, a fan in the room, spiral wooden staircases, and the clincher – free wifi throughout.

I bump into the American girls who are having a late breakfast and early lunch and join them for a drink. It’s cloudy again today – El Niño is having his way again I suspect – so I take it easy, check the internet and stuff like that.

I meet up with the girls again in the evening and have dinner and happy hour cocktails. Followed by more drinks. The local surfer dudes turn up again and once again try to get in with the American girls. You have to give them points for persistence. They don’t get anywhere again.

No comments: