Thursday 25 November 2010

The End of the Affair

Fri 28 May
Madrid – London

After a bit of sleep they server breakfast and then we’re back in Europe. The bit of Madrid airport that I’m in is pretty nice, all modern multicoloured architecture. BA are on strike but they have a charter plane on hire to take us back to London.

I walk through the Iris scanner and I’m first at the carousel. I get my bags and leave the airport to meet up with my parents. I couldn’t imagine anything happier.

I’d like to end with a quote from Travis which kept running through my head and has a certain relevance.

“The grass is always greener on the other side
Baby’s got a new car that you wanna ride
Your time is running out you wanna stay alive
We all live under the same sky
We all will live we all will die
There is no wrong
There is no right
The circle only has one side”

Travis – Side

Still to come – my thoughts on the trip as a whole, and some important references.

No comments: