Monday 15 November 2010

New Sensation

Saturday 15 May
Taganga

There was more Formula One watching today, although as I was actually watching iPlayer (yes, in Colombia, with a hidden IP) given the distance and connection it was really slow. Still, it was good fun.

In the evening Le Lambadour started playing guitar and some French Canadians joined in. We took turns in playing each other songs and generally having a good time. One French Canadian guy did a very sleazy version of the Chaka Demus and Pliers’ classic Girl I’m Gonna Make You Sweat which was really funny.

And then it all came together. I can’t remember where we met Craig and Joe, but it was probably on the beach front where they were sitting drinking beer. So it was us and them and a few other people we had met along the way. We went to a bar called Sensations where we started quenching our well-earned thirst. Then someone came up to me and said “Hi Charlie!”

It was a little embarrassing as I didn’t know who they were! “You don’t remember us?” they asked. It turned out I had met them in IguaƧu on the Brazilian side. But the only people I remember from there were the Dutch guys I had dinner with. Who were these people? I had literally no idea. But they remembered me. In my defence it was about three and half months ago. But I am very bad at remembering people’s faces.

Then a bit later I did spot someone I recognised. It was the annoying Argentinean woman from Canoa, two months ago. I remembered her, as she was annoying. I spoke to her briefly and she was a bit less annoying this time. Though it was strange to meet so many people from my trip in one place. But anyway I was dancing and having fun.

We all spoke to this Colombian guy in glasses who said he was a lawyer but we couldn’t quite work out if he was telling the truth or not. I guess lawyers in Colombia might not look the same as they do back home. We all had a laugh with other randoms until it was time to go home.

No comments: