Thursday 18 November 2010

We’ll Find Our Own Way Home Somehow

Thursday 20 May
Tayrona National Park – Taganga

I had exactly one week left in South America. It would have been bad if I didn’t know I would have Hammersmith to go back to, and all that it means to me.

We woke up fairly early, there are no curtains on hammocks. We had breakfast, a swim, and lunch. I wondered to myself if this was the same Colombian jungle that Papillon travelled through during one of his escapes. I checked later and found that it was close enough – Guajira was just a bit further up the coast. Our paths had actually already crossed: he was held in prisons in Santa Marta and Barranquilla.

The others wanted to go back by land as it was cheaper. The boat was more convenient and expensive so I decided on that option. It was equally bumpy and wet as the trip over here. It was just as well I went by myself – the van that the others found only had enough room for them and even then it was an extreme squash.

Once back home I surfed the web and did stuff like that. In the evening we had a meal at Casa Felipe, the best restaurant in town. We had a few drinks and then headed off to bed early – I didn’t get much sleep in Tayrona.

No comments: