Saturday 18 October 2008

After the Goldrush

Friday 17 October 2008
Ko Pha Ngan

So by now pretty much everyonbe that I was hanging out with had left except for the Scottish couple I first met when I arrived, and Bond, the guy who works the bar.

With the weather not great I take a bike into Thong Sala and get a haircut. I wak in, they say "Haircut?" I say "Yes" and that's all that was said (in English at least). I left them to it, they seemed to know what they were doing, and it all worked out alright in the end.

That evening Bond set the remaining guests up to go to an English bar, not necessarily the greatest idea for me but when in Rome and all that. And at least there would be people that I know there. We had some food and played some pool - Killer Pool, which I don't think I'd played before. I survived to the last 6 from about 16 so I think I acquitted myself pretty well.

We then moved on to another bar called Jumanjy which was like a smaller, more hotch-potch version of the Dead Fish restaurant that we went to in Siem Reap. It was pretty cool too and apparently they were holding a Half Moon party there in three days, so might be worth a trip back. Went to bed at a respectable 1.00 as we're off to Ko Tao tomorrow.

No comments: