Thursday 9 October 2008

I'm Wicked and I'm Lazy

Wednesday 8 October 2008
Bangkok

We wake up late again, able through the sky to get into town. Bangkok has a Sky Train which with a massive amount of oversight they forgot to build as a monorail. Instead they decided to live in the past with the outdated two. But once we're in town we don't know what to do! The whole of the centre seems to consist entirely of shopping centres. Not exactly the so-called 'real' local experience that I'm looking for. Though I guess in a way it is - the Thais like to shop! Particularly for electronics. We did however see some car showrooms in one shopping centre, and, given that they were on the second floor, it makes you wonder how you drive your latest purchase out.

We get fitted for a suit. I've never had one of these before and the cheapness of doing it in Bangkok is a chance that I can't resist, in a girls-buying-clothes-they-don't-need-in-a-sale sort of way.

We go out to a french restaurant for a dinner. And I update my blog! I feel a recursive sense of Deja Vu coming on...

No comments: