Tuesday 21 October 2008

The Great Escape

Tuesday 21 October 2008
Ko Tao - Ko Pha Ngan

So I'm off from Ko Tao. I have to say I was a little disappointed on two levels: Firstly the snorkelling as mentioned before, and secondly I guess I was looking for some idyllic island paradise like Uluwatu in Bali and it's not that, either. It's a bit like a small-scale Kuta / Legian mix. However by the third night I'd adjusted (you can't argue with reality, eh?) and had I stayed longer I'm sure I'd have encountered all sorts of mischief.

Anyway at the port on the way back I meet up with Jonny and Amanda (the Scottish couple) again and we both head back to Ko Pha Ngan. On the boat I listen to With Love and Squalor by We are Scientists just because it's awesome and also because I've had This Scene is Dead in my head for a while.

Once back at Phangan Beach Resort we settle in and then meet up for dinner at Jumanjy again. Bond and his girlfriend are there and we chat with them briefly before they leave, and after we drink and chat for the rest of the night. A couple of Jaegermeisters go down very nicely too.

Back at the resort the local dogs turn up and play with them for a bit. Jonny and I decide to play frisbee in the dark on the beach, which is interesting. I think drink has overtaken the Scot though and it's a bit chaotic. All in all a good night though.

No comments: