Wednesday 24 February 2010

Gotta Get a Message to You

Saturday 20 February
Recreio dos Bandeirantes – Rio de Janiero

There’s really only three things I want from a hostel. One is a room of my own – I’m pretty much over dorms after three weeks of them in Argentina. Not to say I won’t do them again but for now that’s it. The second is 24 hour air conditioning. Not too much to ask surely? Well apparently. What’s even worse are the places that have air conditioning but only turn it on at night. Well what the hell are you supposed to do during the day then? Newsflash people, it’s hotter during the day.

And the final thing I want is wifi in my room. Because I’m a lazy bastard and don’t want to go outside. Well I booked myself into a hostel in Rio that on the face of it had all these things. Except they didn’t. The air con only worked at night. And the wifi only worked in the bar, and that was shut during the day. However there was one small corner of the pool room where you could still access it. But there was no air con and not even any fan covering that area. So that was a bit shit. I did have my own room though.

I spent the day doing some bits and pieces like laundry. I try to meet up with one of the Brazilian girls that we met in the sports bar the other night, but the line is really bad on my end and I can’t arrange anything. I have to resort to email.

In the evening I hang out at the hostel. I meet a group of Brits and Aussies in the bar and hang out with them. The hostel also has a barbeque on so we all get on that and it’s very tasty and wholesome, which is great. The rest of the evening is spent in the bar and for once there’s no girl action. But it’s OK. As I check my email before I go to bed, I find out that the Brazilian girl has invited me round to her apartment for 11 a.m. tomorrow.

No comments: