Friday 19 February 2010

The Long Dark Night of the Soul

Friday 12 February
Salvador

So now we do it all again. Or at least try to. Having had not much sleep we organise another camarote, this time at a place called Reino (King in Portuguese). This is probably the main camarote and is even better that then last one. There are loads of beautiful women here. The nightclub is even bigger and plays even better music.

At one point we’re in the club and they’re playing some dance remix of a famous song – I forget which one – and I signal to the DJ to let the song happen. I’m not sure that the message gets across, and instead they throw me a CD of his tunes. Later on some guy introduces himself to me. I’m not sure who he is until he points to the CD – it’s the DJ playing earlier. I shake his hand but it’s all a bit surreal. Especially as his name is Wally Iglesias. What a name.

Back on the balcony there’s actually a long gangway that runs above the balcony. As the trios come past, the main singer steps on to a crane that lifts them to the balcony, and they continue to sign as they walk along the balcony while the trio inches past in the background. It’s crazy, and I feel privileged to be so close to what must be famous artists.

Back in the nightclub we all have a bit of a fun with the girls though nothing major happens, although Alain gets pretty close. But to be honest I’m still completely wasted and apart from some uplifting moments in the club, it’s all a bit much. Eventually we call it a night at some unknown hour of the morning.

No comments: