Monday 3 May 2010

Leave Them All Behind

Tuesday 23 March
Montañita – Guayaquil (outbound)

Today is the first of a three day trans-continental Pan-American coast-to-coast trip that will end on the Atlantic coast in Florianopolis in Brazil. The first part was to take the bus from Montañita to Guayaquil. This was easier than the previous bus journeys as I was getting off at the last stop, so no need to worry about where I was. I bought a ticket during the day, sorted my affairs and then caught the bus in the afternoon. It was a nice air conditioned bus, which was good.

The bus station at Guayaquil is nice and modern. In fact so is the bus station in Quito, and both are a lot better than Buenos Aires, surprisingly. Arriving at Guayaquil I needed to buy my ticket to Quito. I was given the name of a bus company but they didn’t seem to want to give me a ticket to Quito. Again, Spanish wasn’t helping me. Luckily I had a second company name, and from them I managed to get a ticket.

I had dinner and caught the bus. Unfortunately this one was like the one I went to San Vincente in – a bit low rent. But survivable. I managed to get some sleep. All I had seen of Guayaquil was its airport (on my way to the Galapagos) and bus station. Apparently those are the best bits.

No comments: