Monday 3 May 2010

The One Where They're Going to Party

Friday 26 March
São Paulo – Florianopolis

After a good sleep I woke up and had breakfast. I had time to kill so I went to graffiti alley, a road near to the hostel that had lots of graffiti on it. Apparently it is really famous, though I’d never heard of it. I took some photos and a guy tried to speak to me in Portuguese and unfortunately I couldn’t understand him. I thought he was talking about something to do with “raffishe” before I realised that that was the Portuguese pronunciation of “graffiti”.

I headed off to the airport early to avoid the dreaded São Paulo traffic, only to get there within 45 minutes. Either I’m very lucky or the reputation is misplaced. Most likely the former.

I tried to kill some time at the airport by buying some wifi internet time (it’s not free in Brazil) but although I paid for it the login process didn’t work and I was left out of pocket and with nothing to do. However the cashier at the food stall where I bought lunch overpaid me in change so I made the money back.

I went through security and then seconds later realised I didn’t have my sunglasses. Not again ... I clearly remember putting them in the tray for the x-ray so I went back and spoke to the people there. They looked in the machine but they weren’t there. I had a look around and found that they had slipped between the rollers and fallen underneath the exit ramp.

Arriving in Florianopolis I took a taxi to the hostel I had booked and met up with Alain and Ryan. We had a good catch up and we met up with an American girl. We have a meal in the hostel which was nice and filling, though we were amazed at one guy who was eating so much food it was incredible. In the evening we headed out to an R’n’B club and managed to drink a lot of alcohol. We returned to the hostel at around 5.

No comments: