Thursday 27 May 2010

Somehow a Final Connection Is Made

Tuesday 6 April
Buenos Aires

I slept a lot today. After yesterday it was necessary. We walked around town to look for some cables to connect an iPod and my computer to the TV. We luckily found somewhere and bought a couple of cables. When we returned home, we could connect the iPod but the TV one didn’t work. Oh well.

Interestingly while we were out we came across a large bookshop. We walked in and I suddenly thought to myself, why do I feel like I’m in a theatre? I looked around and realised that was exactly where we were, a place that used to be a theatre which had now been converted into a large bookshop. There was an information board that told us that this place was voted the second best bookshop in the world. Well, it was my kind of place. Almost.

We went for a meal in the evening. Apparently. That’s what it says in my notes. I think it was the night that we went to a nice steak place with a local girl called Lu that knew some of Alain’s friends when they visited BA before. If so, it was a really nice place and great food, though sitting near to the grill meant that it was a bit hot for us.

We went for ice creams afterwards and then went to bed relatively early given yesterday’s events.

No comments: