Saturday 29 May 2010

You’ve Got a Friend in Me

Saturday 10 April
Buenos Aires

Today was my last night in BA. Jenni (a girl Ryan met in Cusco who had been staying with us) cooked us stir fry which was nice. Then Alain, Ryan and I went to the local pub – called Shamrock, yes it was an Irish bar – for our final drink with just the three of us and some emotional bonding. We talked about Betty Davis and her eyes, and other things.

After that we went back to the pub crawl, again in San Telmo, and spent the evening doing that. I took it a fraction easier than the previous time, especially as I had an early flight the next day. We didn’t go to the club, just the bars. We had a good time and thankfully there were more girls on the crawl this time than before. We still managed to get home pretty late and I must have collapsed at some ungodly hour.

It was, as ever, great to see Alain again and to make a new friend in Ryan. It seemed like I had known him all my life and he considered me like a brother, which was great. And Alain will always be one of my best friends. Hopefully we’ll see each other again sometime soon.

No comments: